Full-time Coach / Specialty: Performance
Growing up I have always been a part of competitive sports. Not only did I love to play it, I loved to coach it. I did not have the most traditional experience after graduating high school. I wanted to get some sort of higher education but I didn’t know what I wanted to do so I decided to go to a tech school. I moved down to Houston, Texas and attended Universal Technical Institute. Sports were put on the back burner for a little while. When I returned back to NJ, I started working as a painter of an auto body shop. While working long days I began realizing that this wasn’t what I wanted my life to be. I decided to enroll in classes at Burlington County College where I began playing soccer again. Playing competitive soccer brought me back to life and energized me to want more for myself in the fitness world. I was then recruited to play soccer at Wilmington University in Delaware where I graduated with a degree in applied sciences and a minor in math.
I have worked in franchise gyms as a personal trainer as well coached at the college level while assisting with the strength and conditioning program. When I saw the 2011 CrossFit games on ESPN 2, I instantly fell in love with the athleticism and passion these athletes showcased. When I began crossfit I was a high school math teacher so I would spend my evenings at the gym. I realized that I was spending my whole day looking forward to what workout I was about to do and the people I was going to see. It felt like that’s where my mind was 24/7.
Since then I have competed in local competitions and participated in The Crossfit Open. I began my coaching at Wodify Strength and Conditioning. Upon their gym closing down I found a position at Frontline CrossFit in Wilmington, DE and then luckily found my home at Hyggefit. Every time I come into the gym it immediately puts a smile on my face. It is the one place I can go where my energy level is instantly picked up and keeps me happy. The amount of smiling faces that gather in one location is unmatched and inspiring. Giving people a second chance at becoming a better person and a healthier person is something that I love and will continue to do for as long as I am able to.
Follow me: @r_dobos
My favorite things:
- Klask- I love spending Saturday nights home with family and friends playing games. Klask is a great game that is similar to air hockey that uses magnets. Can get quite competitive which always make things interesting.
- Golf Ball- In my spare time after college I have really picked up and love to golf. I try to get out a couple times a month when its nice out and I really like how I can put my phone down and just enjoying being outdoors and relax.
- MacBook Pro- I am a big fan of apple products. A lot of the time I have to get things done on the fly when I’m out or home or at the gym, so having this MacBook pro really helps me stay on top of things and get things done easily. I love it!
- Truck Keys- My truck is my new toy. I do a lot of driving and need to move large things often so to fit my crazy lifestyle I bought a truck. I have always wanted a truck and now that I have one I can’t believe I waited this long to get one.
- Nike Romaleos- I really love my Nike Romaleos for when I do Olympic lifts. I truly love the clean and jerk and the snatch. These two movement are so technical yet require so much power that there is always room for improvement. Just when I think I have got it down, there is another area where I can pull a little more improvement from. Don’t settle mediocre, strive for greatness!
- Jeep- Anyone who knows me, knows about my jeep. I love my jeep and being able to take the top off and doors off during the summer and drive around. There’s nothing like that Jeep experience.
- Wilmington University Soccer- I played soccer my entire life and almost gave up on the idea of college until I was recruited to play Division 2 soccer at Wilmington. I owe a lot to my coaches for changing my outlook on my life path and getting me on track to be where I am today.