Full-time Coach / Specialty: Nutrition
Carl Paoli Movement Seminar
Before starting Hyggefit, I had never lifted a weight in my life. I was a dancer, cheerleader and have a little bit of gymnastics background. I started Hyggefit as a training program for an upcoming Tough Mudder race. At the time, I thought I was only going to do it for the three months leading up to the race, but here I am today and I really can’t imagine doing anything else.
Since joining Hyggefit in January 2011, I have become a certified CrossFit Level 1 trainer, competed at the 2012 and 2013 CrossFit Games Northeast Regionals, and competed in the Elite Division at Wodapalooza in 2015 and Teams Elite Division in 2017.
With this type of training combined with proper nutrition, I quickly noticed improvements in my energy level, strength, speed, endurance and body composition. When I first started, I couldn’t even do a pull-up. I had to use the huge green band to help me get my chin over the bar. Today, I can do 30 unbroken pull-ups.
Everyone here at Hyggefit is so inspiring and pushes me to be the best trainer and athlete I can be. I love seeing someone get their first pull-up, or back squat some weight they never thought would be possible. I find myself looking forward to getting in the gym every day. It doesn’t matter if I am coming in to workout or to coach and motivate everyone to perform to the best of their abilities.
Follow me: @pancoa03
My favorite things:
- Coloring Book – I love crafts and DIY projects. I love seeing the finish product of things and the sense of accomplishment not only when I finish an artsy project but in everyday life tasks as well.
- Dancing – Dancing has been a part of my life since I was 3 years old. I danced throughout college and then had the opportunity to teach Hip Hop at a local studio for several years after. While I no longer practice, it remains one of my biggest passions. If anyone ever wants to take a class or go out for a night of dancing, just say when!!
- Henri Bendel – What can I say, I’m a female and I like to shop.
- Lululemon – My absolute favorite product to wear. You will find me in head-to-toe Lululemon almost every day. Not only is it perfect to wear as I coach and workout but also allows me to be active outside of the gym and look super cute doing it. Plus their brand represents so much more than a great product
- Sunglasses – I love the sun and being outside. It makes me so happy – the beach, being tan, the brightness and warmth on my skin. Nothing beats it! I need to move to Hawaii.
- Koda – My furball. The best blanket and cuddler out there.
- Fuzzy Socks – I love to be cozy and comfortable. I guess that makes “HYGGE” a perfect place for me. Yes, I am very active but I also love to lay on the couch under a soft blanket and watch my shows or a movie.
- Yasso Bars – I have a very sweet tooth. The occasional Yasso bar allow me to indulge in a snack and keep on my MACRO numbers.
- Oly Shoes – Obviously I like lifting weights but these represent more than that. These show me that there is always more to strive for – the possibilities are endless. When I started Hyggefit there was no way that I ever thought I would be able to Clean and Jerk 220#. Now that I am there, I want more – 225, 230, 235… This determination carries over to everyday life as well. As they say, shoot for the stars!
- Jump Rope – Double Unders are one of my favorite exercises. They bring me back to my childhood and who doesn’t want to be a kid again.